ISC High Performance attendees can look forward to a number of prestigious awards that recognize research excellence in high performance computing.
The following awards will be given to two outstanding research papers submitted to the conference:
The Hans Meuer Award honors the most outstanding research paper submitted to the conference’s Research Papers Committee. This award has been introduced in the memory of the late Dr. Hans Meuer, general chair of the ISC conference from 1986 through 2014, and co-founder of the TOP500 project.
From all submitted research papers, the Research Papers Committee will select the overall best paper for the award. The winner will be announced at the ISC High Performance Tuesday Keynote Session and will be given the opportunity to present a keynote talk on their work in one of the research paper sessions. The winner will also receive a cash prize of 5,000 Euros and an award certificate.
These two papers have been shortlisted for the Hans Meuer Award:
- GPUMixer: Performance-Driven Floating-Point Tuning for GPU Scientific Applications, authored by Ignacio Laguna, Paul C. Wood, Ranvijay Singh and Saurabh Bagchi.
- Global Task Data Dependencies in PGAS Applications, authored by Joseph Schuchart and José Gracia.
The paper selected as the winner of the Hans Meuer Award at ISC 2019 is:
GPUMixer: Performance-Driven Floating-Point Tuning for GPU Scientific Applications by Ignacio Laguna, Paul C. Wood, Ranvijay Singh, Saurabh Bagchi
We congratulate the award recipients!
Yutong Lu, Ignacio Laguna and Carsten Trinitis
The GCS Award honors the most outstanding research paper submitted to the Research Papers Committee in the field of HPC. The GCS Award has been a key component of the conference each year since the foundation of the Gauss Centre for Supercomputing (GCS) in 2008. It is sponsored by GCS, an alliance of Germany's three national supercomputing centers — the High-Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS), Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC), and Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ).
The winner of the GCS Award will be announced during the conference opening session by the ISC 2019 Research Papers chair. The winner will receive a cash prize of 5,000 Euros, courtesy of GCS, presented during the Research Papers Award session by Professor Michael M. Resch, chairman of the GCS Award Committee, along with an award certificate. The award winner also has the opportunity to present a keynote talk on the winning paper during the award session.
This year's GCS Award winning Research Paper is:
End-to-end Resilience for HPC Applications, authored by Arash Rezaei, Harsh Khetawat, Onkar Patil, Frank Mueller, Paul Hargrove and Eric Roman.
After the PhD Forum poster session, the PhD Forum Program Committee elect one student to receive the "ISC 2019 PhD Forum Award”. The award is sponsored by Springer, the international publisher specializing in science, technology and medicine. The winner receives a high-end tablet from Springer.
The poster selected as the winner of the PhD Forum Award at ISC 2019 is:
Petalisp - Towards Fully Dynamic Program Optimization by Marco Heisig and Harald Köstler
We congratulate the award recipients!
Florina Ciorba, Marco Heisig and Martin Schulz
The ISC Research Poster Awards will be given to outstanding research posters submitted to the conference.
The ISC Research Posters Committee will evaluate the short presentations and research posters on-site and select one winner* in each of the eight main submission categories as listed in the call for research papers:
Architectures, networks & infrastructure
Data, storage & visualization
Programming models & systems software
Artificial intelligence & machine learning
Performance modeling & measurement
*NOTE: The eight ISC Research Poster Award winners will receive a cash prize of 250 Euro and a certificate each. The ISC Research Poster Awards are sponsored by the conference organizers.
The following Research Posters were selected to receive the 2019 Awards.
- Architectures & Networks: Reduction Operations on Modern Supercomputers: Challenges and Solutions by Poster Authors Mohammadreza Bayatpour, Jahanzeb Maqbool Hashmi, Sourav Chakraborty, Hari Subramoni, Dhabaleswar Panda
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Optimizing Deep Learning LSTM Topologies on Intel Xeon Architecture by Poster Authors Banerjee, Georganas, Kalamkar, Alexander Heinecke
- HPC Algorithms: HPC Oriented Algorithm for Computation of Recurrence Quantitative Analysis by Poster Authors Martinovič, Georg Zitzlsberger
- HPC Applications: Accelerating Chemical Shift Prediction for Large-scale Biomolecular Modeling by Poster Authors Wright, Ferrato, Bryer, Searles, Perilla, Sunita Chandrasekaran
- Programming Models & Systems Software: Automatic Port to OpenACC/OpenMP for Climate & Weather Code Using the CLAW Compiler by Poster Authors Clement, Marti, Lapillonne, Fuhrer, Wiliam B. Sawyer
- HPC in Asia: A Skewed Multi-Bank Cache for Vector Processors by Poster Authors Takayashiki, Sato, Komatsu, Kobayashi