ISC 2019 CALL FOR STUDENT VOLUNTEERS
PLEASE NOTE: The application process for the Student Volunteer Program is closed!
If you are a student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, or any STEM-related fields, and high performance computing (HPC) is on your radar, volunteering at ISC 2019 can help steer your future career in the right direction.
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable young people to help us run the conference. In return we offer you the opportunity to attend the tutorials, conference sessions, workshops and the ISC STEM Day & Gala for free. We strongly encourage you to use the event to build your professional network. The conference after-hours experience is also fun. You will have the opportunity to mingle with your peers from educational institutions from around the globe. Such connections can go a long way as you develop your career.
Finally, who knows, your future employer might also be attending the event! We have witnessed volunteers line up employment opportunities at previous conferences.
ISC 2019 is held in a very comfortable, safe environment, and we provide housing for all out-of-town students.
|Notification of Acceptance||Friday, March 22, 2019|
By becoming a student volunteer at ISC 2019, you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to the tutorials, conference sessions and workshops, depending on your daily work schedule
- Access to the ISC STEM Day & Gala, including a job fair
- Access to the show floor: networking opportunities with over 160 exhibitors
- Admission to special evening events
- Housing (out-of-town volunteers only) in shared double rooms
- Meals during conference hours
- Conference proceedings
- The intangible value of networking with renowned HPC experts, commercial users, influencers and future employers.
- Student volunteers must be enrolled in a PhD, masters, or full-time undergraduate program at the time of the conference.
- Student volunteers must be able to speak English fluently.
- Student volunteers must be willing to work* a minimum of around 25 hours before and during the conference (you should be available from June 13 to 21, 2019).
- Student volunteers are solely responsible for their travel expenses. In some cases your school may be able to provide assistance.
*NOTE: Duties before and during the conference may include tasks such as assisting attendee check-in, doorkeeper at conference sessions, running microphones to audience members during sessions, providing technical support to the ISCnet team and the Student Cluster Competition team or the event technicians, monitoring catering areas, counting participants at sessions, and other similar tasks.
If you would like to apply for the ISC 2019 Student Volunteer Program, please fill out our application form and upload your:
- short cover letter
- short CV
- valid, dated student identification card or certificate of matriculation
- official letter of recommendation signed by your recommending professor
Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2019 and all applicants will be notified by March 22, 2019.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Student Volunteer Program
Ms. Colleen Sheedy
HR Development Manager
As a conference that promotes gender equality, we encourage female STEM students to use this forum as a stepping stone to gain an insight into the HPC academia, research and commercial environments.
As a close partner of the conference, the Women in High Performance Computing (WHPC) network will be organizing a number of events in conjunction with ISC 2019. Don‘t miss out on the opportunity to socialize with well-respected female researchers and corporate leaders.